Friday, November 16, 2012
Sky Map for android phones -- and it's free!
at 12:45 PM
Yesterday afternoon, our class was able to participate in an incredible experience! We were able to join a live webcast from the International Space Station! We were very excited to see the astronauts on our SmartBoard. Here are a few things that we learned:
- The astronauts clean their urine through a closed filtration system and use it as drinking water.
- It takes the astronauts 8 1/2 minutes to get into outer space.
- We saw the microphone floating in space.
- The astronauts communicate with their families by videoconference.
- Their food is vaccuum packed or freeze dried.
- They use the sun's power or solar energy to power the space station.
- They get their emails every 2 hours.
- We saw the astronauts do flips and float in the air.
- We saw how the astronauts would perform CPR on another astronaut by doing a handstand to do compressions.
at 11:56 AM