Friday, November 16, 2012
Sky Map for android phones -- and it's free!
at 12:45 PM
Yesterday afternoon, our class was able to participate in an incredible experience! We were able to join a live webcast from the International Space Station! We were very excited to see the astronauts on our SmartBoard. Here are a few things that we learned:
- The astronauts clean their urine through a closed filtration system and use it as drinking water.
- It takes the astronauts 8 1/2 minutes to get into outer space.
- We saw the microphone floating in space.
- The astronauts communicate with their families by videoconference.
- Their food is vaccuum packed or freeze dried.
- They use the sun's power or solar energy to power the space station.
- They get their emails every 2 hours.
- We saw the astronauts do flips and float in the air.
- We saw how the astronauts would perform CPR on another astronaut by doing a handstand to do compressions.
at 11:56 AM
Thursday, October 11, 2012
For our homework last week, we were supposed to mail our Flat Stanleys and Flat Tammys to a friend. So far, we have received one Flat Stanley back -- he belongs to Christian B. If you have not done so, please mail your Flat Stanley soon, so he can return before the end of the month.
At the end of the month, we will be having a Flat Stanley Party! More details to come...!
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
P.S. I heard from our custodian that there was a fawn with mother! The baby must have been hiding near the bushes where we couldn't see it.